Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Scrappy civil war in progress

The scrappy civil war is coming along nicely.  I have changed out the cream background blocks for brown and like it a lot better.  The brown is making the "squares" pop out and the stars kind of melt away. It is much more interesting then the cream background.




I am still getting the hang of the new iphone4 with flash, I think I will have to play with photo taking!
Anyway, I like all of the movement in this quilt, the way you see the scrappy square within a square, then the stars, then the sort of lattice background effect.  I have one more row of stars to add at the bottom and may add one on the side as well and make the quilt square, a large lap size. The small scrappy squares are 1 1/4 finished. This pattern is out of American Patchwork and Quilting - my favorite quilt magazine. Maybe when it is done I'll send in a picture - I've never done that before.

I also have 2 applique projects in the works, I just finish block 2 for Floribunda baskets and block 6 of the Floribunda BOM from 2010. These are 2 totally different projects, from 2 different designers - I didn't realized they had the same name when I started them! I will press them and make them my next post. Whoo Hoo! Tally HO - onward to quilt! Oooops, I am from America, The WEST.  I should say YEEEHAW! Get along little quilt doggies! ( I think I have been watching a little too much Masterpiece theater!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh I do like the look of it now. It looks like something I might want to spend time on.(If I ever get any...)

    ReplyDelete