Okay, so I am not one for New Year's Resolutions but this year I am resolving. I want to get more done which requires actually scheduling stuff. For some reason I have been really resistant to scheduling crafts, I felt like I was cheating or something. (As if my quilting and craft time wasn't as important as cleaning, laundry, etc.) But I have resolved to start putting me first and since these thing are important to me I am going to schedule some crafty stuff I want to do. I also really need to exercise- my cardio fitness is embarrassing - so that is going front and center as well.
1. So, the fitness goal is 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week. Simple. (LOL)
The crafty goals are SSSOOOOO much more fun!
2. BLOG. This is my crafty diary, I make stuff and send it off and forget photos, records, anything, then I look back at the year and wonder what did I do???? I made lots of fingerless gloves and cowls for gifts this year, all gone. No pics. yea. I need to keep up my diary. Bi weekly goal.
3. Finish the BOM by Piece O'cake, to the top completed stage.
4. Continue piecing my Civil War reproduction quilt
5. Quilt two quilts to completion. I have a stack of completed quilt tops, most pretty simple stuff I threw together for the fun of it. Pictures of these quilts will be posted when they are chosen.
6. Begin designing my own BOM - I have wanted to do this for a long time and if I don't schedule it, it won't happen so here it is, out there as a goal and on my list, even scheduled some time in the calendar. I love having Block of the Month in the works as a small take along project so why not design my own?
7. Knit 12 socks. I probably won't make this goal but even if I miss a month or two I will have way more socks than if I set no goal at all. I have joined a couple Brown Bag/ Personal sock yarn groups on Ravelry to help me with this.
8. Knit a sweater. - I bought the most beautiful yarn ......