Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Okay, so I am not one for New Year's Resolutions but this year I am resolving. I want to get more done which requires actually scheduling stuff. For some reason I have been really resistant to scheduling crafts, I felt like I was cheating or something. (As if my quilting and craft time wasn't as important as cleaning, laundry, etc.) But I have resolved to start putting me first and since these thing are important to me I am going to schedule some crafty stuff I want to do. I also really need to exercise- my cardio fitness is embarrassing - so that is going front and center as well.

1. So, the fitness goal is 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week. Simple. (LOL)

The crafty goals are SSSOOOOO much more fun!

2. BLOG. This is my crafty diary, I make stuff and send it off and forget photos, records, anything, then I look back at the year and wonder what did I do????  I made lots of fingerless gloves and cowls for gifts this year, all gone. No pics. yea.  I need to keep up my diary. Bi weekly goal.

3. Finish the BOM by Piece O'cake, to the top completed stage.
Block 1 done. There are actually several complete already this year but I am going to post them one at a time. The goal is to not just finish the blocks but complete the top and the original pattern has a pieced border.  The blocks are 16 inches so this quilt will be BIG.  This is Flourishes by Piece O'cake, a retired BOM a friend gifted to me because I loved hers.  Consisting of scraps from my bright fabrics collection and  background I purchased at Craft Warehouse. (I love this store!!!!)

4. Continue piecing my Civil War reproduction quilt
This is the Triple 4 patch block, I just love the block in CivilWar fabrics so I just started making them.  This is not the final lay out or even all the blocks - those are still being made. I am playing around with the design right now and making blocks. This happens sometimes, I just pick a block and make blocks until it "feels" big enough. It will probably end up about queen size depending on the border I put on. Each block is 6 1/2 inches and so far I have not repeated background scraps.


5. Quilt two quilts to completion. I have a stack of completed quilt tops, most pretty simple stuff I threw together for the fun of it. Pictures of these quilts will be posted when they are chosen.

6. Begin designing my own BOM - I have wanted to do this for a long time and if I don't schedule it, it won't happen so here it is, out there as a goal and on my list, even scheduled some time in the calendar. I love having Block of the Month in the works as a small take along project so why not design my own?

7. Knit 12 socks.  I probably won't make this goal but even if I miss a month or two I will have way more socks than if I set no goal at all. I have joined a couple Brown Bag/ Personal sock yarn groups on Ravelry to help me with this.

Zora has been cast on with Ella Rae Lace merino in a purple/grey color. It looks more fushia here but it is really a purple. The pattern is free on Ravelry and so far as been very understandable. I was a little nervous about this because I have only knit plain vanilla socks, this pattern has a twisted rib cuff and cables. I also had to decrease the number of stitches to cast on, I wear a size 5 shoe and I hate wearing socks that are too big ( I usually by children's socks). Hence the motivation to make my own - that and the hand dyed yarn of course.

8. Knit a sweater. - I bought the most beautiful yarn ......

This was on sale at Simply Sock yarn - half off!!! I couldn't resist! Now I just need a simple pattern. Off to Ravelry!



No comments:

Post a Comment